Listvyanka – The Round Baikal Railway – Olkhon Island
Validity period: June – September
Departures on Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays
Price for 2018:
Single accommodation: 75000 RUB/pers.
Twin accommodation: 54000 RUB/pers.
After arrival – meeting by the company representative (at the airport or the railway station), departure to Listvyanka settlement (70 km from Irkutsk) with the stop at 47th km of Baikal tract (40 minutes) in architectural-ethnographic museum "Taltsy", in which the exposition of culture and everyday life of peoples of East Siberia is presented: Evenki summer and autumn camp, Cascade of three water mills, Ilimskaya Kazanskaya Church (chapel), Trinity Church and others.
Arrival in Listvyanka settlement (the nearest tourist center to Irkutsk), accomodation at hotel;
Visiting of Limnological museum (the main kinds of Baikal fish and Nerpas are represented in its aquariums);
You can see specially trained Nerpas in Nerpinary (for extra pay);
Meals at cafes and restaurants of Listvyanka at your own expense;
You can watch famous Shaman stone from the viewing point of Chersky peak. You can rise there by cableways (by yourself for extra pay) or by feet. At the local market you can also buy souvenirs made by local Siberian masters or try Baikalian smoked fish: omul, whitefish.
At 10-45 – departure by the motor ship from a pier in Listvyanka, a visit to the museum of the railway, boarding on the train, start of the excursion to the Round Baikal Railway
The excursion lasts from 11.00 to 20.00. The route is supposed to be an excursion program with stops at the most interesting places, accompanied by a guide: 166 km / Slyudyanka, 102 km / retaining wall “Italian”, 110 km / Polovinnaya Fall, 123 km / Complex Kirkireysky, 130 km / Shabartuisky complex of artificial structures, 149 km / Old Angasolka.
Arrival to the Railway station of Irkutsk at 21.30-22.00. Transfer to the hotel or to the flat for accomodation.
Departure to Olkhon by bus is at 9.00 (300km, 6 hours). Accomodation at the leisure base. Guests are offered the full board at “Solnechnaya” leisure base. In case accomodation is at leisure bases: “Lada”, “Olkhon” or “Baikal” – meals at their expense, or in café and shops of Khuzhir settlement.
Olkhon is the largest of 22 islands of Baikal. Its length – 71 km, width – 12 km, area – 730 square kilometers. It is the real conservancy area for wild nature lovers and photographers: there are lots of different sceneries and landscapes there. The territory of the island is full of archaeological monuments; it has no equal in their number on 1 sq. km. in the whole Baikal region. The population of the Island is about 1500 people; most of them live in Khuzhir settlement (1200 people).
Rest at one of the leisure bases of Olkhon.
Different kinds of excursions (automobile, hiking and aquatic) to the sights of Olkhon, offered by the informational center of Khuzhir settlement and leisure bases (Cape Khoboy, Uzur, Cape Budun, Cape Sagan Khushur, Cape Khargoy, Idebe Fall, Lake Shara-Nur, Tyshkine Fall, Lake Khankhoy and others);
Checking out the room, transfer to Irkutsk (by bus from 11.00 to 12.00). Arrival to the city at 18.00-19.00. If necessary, accomodation at a hotel or a flat (extra charge).
The price includes:
- Meeting at the airport or the railway station in Irkutsk, transfer to Listvyanka settlement;
- Guide services in Listvyanka;
- Tickets to “Taltsy” museum and Limnological museum;
- Accomodation in Listvyanka settlement for one night: “Nicolay’s”, “Arabesque”, “Natalie”, home stay (economy variant), “Mayak”, “The Legend of Baikal”, “Baikal Towers”, “Baikal” – standard variant;
- One day excursion to the Round Baikal Railway (the train of the first class);
- Lunch during the excursion to the Round Baikal Railway (it is recommended to take some food with you: cakes, nuts, juice and so on);
- Meeting in Irkutsk and transfer to the hotel upon arrival from the Round Baikal Railway;
- One night accomodation in a hotel of Irkutsk. The hotel depends on availability of rooms (a flat (home stay) in economy variant, hotels: “Irkutsk”, “Victoria” or “Angara” in a standard variant);
- Transfer: Irkutsk – Olkhon Island – Irkutsk;
- Accomodation in one of leisure bases of Olkhon; 5 days/4 nights, depending on availability of rooms (“Solnechnaya” – full board in economy variant; “Lada” or “Olkhon” – meals at your own expense, in a standard variant);
- Medical expense insurance.
Additional Service (extra pay)
- Additional transfers (not listed in the itinerary);
- Meals in Listvyanka, Irkutsk;
- Accomodation in a hotel of Irkutsk (at the end of the tour);
- Additional excursions in Listvyanka, Olkhon Island.
We recommend you to take in the trip: comfortable shoes for hiking, replacement comfortable shoes, warm windproof jacket, swimming accessories, sunglasses, sun cream, a cap or hat, flashlight, individual medicines. We recommend you to buy before travel prophylactic against tick bites “Yodantipirin”, either to issue insurance from a tick bite in advance (for details refer to our managers).
Attention! Please take into account possible delays of flights and trains when planning a trip! The Company shall not be responsible to the tourists in the case of their being late to the beginning of the tour and will not reimburse the costs associated with these circumstances! If you are unable to arrive at the specified time, you can do it in advance, and we will book you accommodation in Irkutsk, and offer sightseeing tours.
To know all the current prices refer to the managers