Listvyanka – The Round Baikal Railway – The Small Sea
Duration: 7 days/ 6 nights
Validity period: June, 10 – August, 25
Arrivals: on Wednesdays and Saturdays
After arrival – meeting by the company representative (at the airport or the railway station), departure to Listvyanka settlement (70 km from Irkutsk) with the stop at 47th km of Baikal tract (40 minutes) in architectural-ethnographic museum "Taltsy", in which the exposition of culture and everyday life of peoples of East Siberia is presented: Evenki summer and autumn camp, Cascade of three water mills, Ilimskaya Kazanskaya Church (chapel), Trinity Church and others.
Arrival in Listvyanka settlement (the nearest tourist center to Irkutsk), accomodation at hotel;
Visiting of Limnological museum (the main kinds of Baikal fish and Nerpas are represented in its aquariums);
You can see specially trained Nerpas in Nerpinary (for extra pay);
Meals at cafes and restaurants of Listvyanka at your own expense;
You can watch famous Shaman stone from the viewing point of Chersky peak. You can rise there by cableways (by yourself for extra pay) or by feet. At the local market you can also buy souvenirs made by local Siberian masters or try Baikalian smoked fish: omul, whitefish.
At 10-45 – departure by the motor ship from a pier in Listvyanka, a visit to the museum of the railway, boarding on the train, start of the excursion to the Round Baikal Railway
The excursion lasts from 11.00 to 20.00. The route is supposed to be an excursion program with stops at the most interesting places, accompanied by a guide: 166 km / Slyudyanka, 102 km / retaining wall “Italian”, 110 km / Polovinnaya Fall, 123 km / Complex Kirkireysky, 130 km / Shabartuisky complex of artificial structures, 149 km / Old Angasolka.
Arrival to the Railway station of Irkutsk at 21.30-22.00. Transfer to the hotel or to the flat for accomodation.
At 9.00 – departure by bus to tourist complex “Baikal Dar” situated on the Small Sea of Lake Baikal (250 km – 4.5 hours). Accomodation in double semi-comfortable room (triple and quadruple accomodation is also possible). The full board is offered to the guests in a café-bar.
Days 4 – 6
The Small Sea of Lake Baikal – translating from Buryat into English it stands for “narrow sea” – the strait separating Olkhon Island from the mainland. The Small Sea is one of the most popular tourist places on Baikal. It is famous for its bays and coves with sandy and pebble beaches, where the water warms up to +22…+24 C in the summer time. The beginning of the season: June, 20 – July, 5; the middle of the season: July, 15 – August, 10; the end of the season – August, 20-25
Having rest at “Baikal Dar”
• Horseback riding lessons with professional instructors, walking over the vicinity, and radial horse trips.
• Hiking, automobile and water tours to the most remarkable places of the Small Sea (Sarminskoye Gorge, Glacier, Lake Meteorite, Kurykanskyie walls, Laninskaya Mountain, cave “Dream”, Kurminskyie grottoes) and Olkhon.
• Water activities in Mukhorsky bay (riding on an inflatable banana, rental of boats, wave runners).
• Children’s playground (sandpit, swings, horizontal bars).
• A summerhouse for barbecue, area for campfire.
• Services of Paintball club, shooting range.
• Dance floor, fitted with modern lighting and sound equipment; in the daytime it is a place for playing table tennis. It may also be used as a room for seminars.
• Russian bath, hot shower on the territory.
Checking out at 12.00, transfer to Irkutsk (by bus at 13.00-14.00). Arrival in Irkutsk at 18.00-19.00. If necessary – accomodation at a hotel or a flat.
To know all the current prices refer to the managers