Winter holidays on Olkhon
Excursion-educational tour on the biggest island of Baikal
Irkutsk - Listvyanka - Irkutsk - Olkhon – Irkutsk
Validity period: February – March
Duration: 7 days| 6 nights
Arrivals: on request
Arrival in Irkutsk.
Meeting with the guide at the railway station or at the airport.
Transfer to Lake Baikal in Listvyanka settlement.
On the way to Baikal – visiting the museum of architectural - wooden art of building "Taltsy"
Architectural-ethnographic museum "Taltsy" is a unique storehouse of monuments of history and culture of the peoples of Eastern Siberia. The museum is located in a picturesque place on the right bank of the Angara River in Taltsinsky natural boundary on 47 kilometer of the Baikal tract.
Further you will go to settlement Listvyanka.
In Listvyanka you will have a ride by snowmobiles (1 hour included). Further you will have delicious lunch at a local restaurant (fish menu).
After lunch you will be offered an excursion to the museum of Baikal where you will be told about flora and fauna of Lake Baikal and you can admire the seals (the Nerpas) swimming in the aquarium of the museum.
Then you will walk through Krestovka village; visit to the church of St. Nicholas.
The excursion will be completed by the rise by cableway to Chersky Rock, overlooking the magnificent view of the southern part of Lake Baikal and the source of the Angara River.
“Baikal Towers” Hotel check-in. Dinner.
After breakfast, transfer to Olkhon Island, located in 300 km from Irkutsk (travelling time 5 - 6 hours). Lunch at a roadside cafe. Transfer across ice crossing: Kurkut bay - Olkhon.
Arrival to Olkhon, accommodation "Baikal Mini-hotel" in a superior room (toilet in the room).
Leisure time, recreation, dinner and overnight at the hotel.
After breakfast, whole-day trip to the northernmost tip of the island - Cape Khoboy. The tour will be accomplished by car UAZ (these are the machines used for trips around the island. Examining Khoboy cape, walking through the local places, a picnic outdoors. Return to the hotel. If the ice is strong enough, the path back will run along the ice of Lake Baikal, and you can enjoy the many landscapes of the island from the water and see the hummocks of different shapes and sizes. Arriving at the hotel. Dinner.
After breakfast you will visit the Shaman Rock (or Cape Burkhan), a sacred place of Buryat. Discovery of the ice grottoes. Excursion to the local museum. Lunch. After lunch, free time, during which you can book additional excursions, do skiing, skating (for additional fee).
After breakfast you are expected to do under-ice (sport) fishing. You will be able to pull the net from a great depth with the most famous fish of Lake Baikal - omul. Excellent soup of your trophies will be prepared for you here on the ice. Return to the hotel, dinner and overnight.
Breakfast. Transfer to Irkutsk. Lunch on the way at a roadside café. Arrival in Irkutsk, accommodation.
City tour. Return to the hotel. Dinner. Overnight.
After breakfast, transfer to the airport.
1. Participants of the round must have the necessary comfort and warm clothing for outdoor activities: sports jacket or down jacket that protect against wind and snow, sports trousers, shoes, warm shoes and a hat (cap).
2. In case of bad weather (strong winds, stormy weather), the tour operator reserves the right to change the plan, warning the group beforehand, but instead of it providing with adequate in price and quality services.
3. In case of the existence in a group of vegetarians or people with severe restrictions on the adoption of a meal, please inform in advance to agree on a single menu.
Price of the tour per person
The price includes:
- Double/twin accommodation according to the program:1 night in “Baikal Towers” Hotel or similar in Listvyanka, 4 nights in “Baikal Mini-hotel” or similar on Olkhon Island, 1 night in “Empire” Hotel or similar in Irkutsk ;
- Meals according to the program: breakfast on Day 2 – 7, lunch on Day 1 – 6, dinner on Day 1 - 6;
- Transfers according to the program;
- Visits and excursions according to the program;
- Fishing on Olkhon Island (on Day 5);
- Snowmobile riding (1 hour);
- Entrance fee to Taltsy Museum, the Baikal Museum, the local museum of Khuzhir, cable car to Chersky Rock;
- English-speaking guide’s services according to the program.
To know all the current prices refer to the managers.